Post by Aaron on Feb 20, 2017 13:24:24 GMT -6
1. Start by downloading the [Character Sheet] and create your character. Sign up on the website using your Discord name as your User Name and post your character to the New Arrivals thread.
Note: Mythweaver and Hero Lab sheets will only be reviewed and approved by certain DMs. Understand this may cause delays is your character being approved. Keep in mind you can still build in Mythweaver/Hero Lab and transfer to the PDF sheet, but be sure to detail everything.
2. Use google drive or dropbox to upload your sheets into your character thread. Remember that if you change the file on your cloud storage this will change the file in your character thread. Always save and link a new file. Editing of your previous character sheets or character thread will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including character deletion. Post a new sheet whenever your character levels up.
3. Update your character thread before going on a new adventure. Include a link to the last adventure, your gold/xp gained and any purchases you have made since the last post. Create a new posts for gains or losses. If your character thread is not updated, you will not be allowed to join a game.
4. Start at level 1 with maximum class gold. Mark the costs of the items purchased with starting gold. Clearly indicate your loads, hero points, feats, skills, traits, class abilities.
5. Stats are 20 point buy.
Since this is an RP setting, stat dumps will incur penalties. The current penalties are as follows:
- Charisma - For every negative mod point you have in Charisma score you will incur a 5% penalty on bartering; meaning higher prices when buying and lower prices when selling. The additional gold will be lost. Transactions in which both parties have a penalty will not effect one another. (Eg. Selling 1000gp item with -3 Cha mod allows you to keep 850gp but the buyer still pays full price. If both players have a penalty, the seller keeps 850gp and the buyer pays 1150gp)
- Additional penalties may be added in the future.
You may start at age categories other than adult, but if you do then you do not get the age benefits/penalties as they are assumed to be included in the point buy. If you start around that point (within 1 year of getting the age change) you do not get it, as it is assumed to be included in your point buy.
6. First level gains maximum class hit points. Each level thereafter receives 1/2 HD provided by the class you are taking.
- A class with a d8 hit die, would always give you 4 hp per level from your HD.
- Animal Companions and Eidolons always take half their HD for max hit points, with the exception of 1st HD, where they get max, just like players.
7. UNDER REVIEW - At this time Base Summoner is the only restriction.
Races: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Halfling Classes: All Core, Base, and Unchained Classes excluding Base Summoner
9. You can take 2 traits, or 3 traits and 1 drawback. Campaign Traits require Pantheon Approval. Every Character receives additional Frontier Trait slots that can only be filled with specific traits gained from Varisian Frontier games.
Traits and trait combos must make sense for your backstory. eg. The traits Orphan and Rich Parents are conflicting as it would not make sense to be raised in an orphanage and have rich parents.
10. Pick 1 Profession or Craft skill. You receive 1 bonus rank in this skill at first level that does not count toward your other skill points from class. Profession/craft is a class skill for all classes. (Remember you still cannot have more than your HD ranks in a skill.)
11. Be sure to label race, gender, weight, height, deity, alignment and languages. Use your discord name for "player name".
12. Experience will be earned on the fast track. See the character advancement table found here.
13. Characters will be classified in a tier system. Tier will be indicated by the player upon creation, and can only be changed with a character rebuild. For all Tier information see the General Rules section.
- Tier 1: Citizen Characters - Do not earn XP from adventures. Less than 1/2 of feats can be 'Power Feats' feats. ('Power Feats' include but are not limited to: Combat, Racial, Metamagic, Critical, Offensive Magic General (increase DC, Ability, Pen. etc.))
- Tier 2: Adventure Characters - Do not earn XP from citizen activities.
- Tier S: Hero Characters - Only available upon special circumstance.
- "I have read and agree to the character creation rules."
- Target Tier
- # of 'Power Feats' / Total # of Feats (if Tier 1)
- A few quick sentences describing and introducing your character.
17. We will be using the Downtime alternate rules system for much of the city building. Be sure to track downtime currencies (Influence, Labor, Magic, Goods) in addition to normal currencies.
18. We will be using the Reputation and Fame rule system. Include your fame and Prestige Points (PP) on your sheet. Initial Fame = Character Level + Charisma modifier. Track this on the setting sheet in the blank section underneath the section labeled "Pool Points".